Job Location: BMO US, 100 S San Fernando Blvd, Burbank, CA 91502
Job Salary: $56,000.00 – $80,000.00
The Bank Manager II position at BMO US, located in Burbank, CA, is a pivotal role responsible for guiding, directing, and coaching employees to deliver exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. This role involves a deep understanding of customer needs and aims to provide sales and service in the best interests of the customer. The Bank Manager II advises customers on products and strategies that align with their financial objectives and identifies opportunities for cross-selling. Additionally, this role supports sales and customer service activities to meet strategic customer experience and profitability goals, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and the Bank’s policies and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client-Centric Leadership: Fosters a culture aligned with BMO’s purpose, values, and strategy, and role models BMO values and behaviors. Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Talent Management: Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent. Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Business Development: Develops and executes a branch business plan to maximize business growth and wallet share, and achieve customer retention and acquisition objectives. Conducts sales calls, establishes a personal referral network, and engages in business development activities.
- Client Engagement: Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs, integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations, and conducts cold calls to prospective customers to develop new relationships.
- Community Involvement: Develops and maintains a network in the community to enhance the Bank’s visibility and builds a strong referral source for new potential business. Supports the Bank’s community involvement and participates in community activities.
- Problem Resolution: Resolves customer-related issues using knowledge of bank services, products, and processes. Fulfills sales and service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures.
- Operations and Compliance: Implements, reviews, and revises work plans, monitors sales and service performance, maintains current knowledge of personal banking and credit card industries, and ensures compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Typically between 4 – 6 years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory or management experience is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of retail banking products and services.
- Advanced knowledge of competitive marketplace and trends in product offerings.
- Working knowledge of branch operational processes and policies, applicable regulations, audit standards, and related policies, procedures, and directives.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary: $56,000.00 – $80,000.00. Actual salaries may vary based on location, skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life insurance, retirement plan, and tuition reimbursement.
BMO Financial Group’s purpose is to “Boldly Grow the Good in business and life.” BMO values diversity, inclusion, and an accessible workplace. BMO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace.
The company also offers support, tools, and resources to help employees make a positive impact from day one. This includes training, coaching, and networking opportunities to broaden your skillset and advance your career.